Saturday, June 16, 2018

What's In My Photo Makeup Bag?



So I'm going to start this blog post by saying that I just watched a YouTube video about a girl who was doing her eyeliner in a taxi when the taxi suddenly gets rear ended and as a result the eyeliner 
st-bbed her eyeball. Fortunately, the pen missed her cornea and she was not injured but the photo of the pen stuck in her eyeball still haunts me (and it's been 4 hours since I watched that video)

Anyways, I'm about to show you my Photo Makeup Bag and what is that you ask? It's my makeup bag that I use only when I'm doing my makeup to take photos. The difference, you ask? 
Some of the products don't exceed my expectations of long-wear so I wouldn't wear it to school or when I'm having a long day. 

So here are the things in my bag 

The products from left to right 
  1. Colourpop x Kathleenlights Dream St Palette - This is one of my favorite palettes of warm toned colors so as a result, goes in and out of my makeup bag for daily use also. The only downside is that it doesn't come with a mirror but that can be overlooked by the quality of the palette
  2. Troiareuke  Cushion Puff - The cushion itself is from the Troiareuke A+ Cushion, which is what I use everyday, but the puff itself is one of the most high quality cushion puffs I've ever used because it's soft, bouncy and durable. (This also replaces my beauty blender because I can overlook the dampening process of the sponge. This is what dreams are made of.
  3. Daiso Japan Eyelash Curler - This eyelash curler fits my eye shape the most (still a little off and doesn't curl the ends of my eyes so I'm looking into purchasing the Shu Uremura small eyelash curler) and is very inexpensive so the thought of losing it doesn't hurt my soul too much
  4. Elf Tapered Brush - Used to quickly set the undereye; has a nice point to get into the inner corners; can be used to precise contour application and highlight (just make sure to color switch it in between) one of my FAVORITE brushes in the world
  5. AOA Studio E112 Tapered Large Pencil Brush: Perfect for detailed application of eyeshadow but not too small that you have to work with the eyeshadow for a long time (only 1$ at ShopMissA.com!!)
  6. Wet N Wild Limited Edition Flights Of Fancy Summer Blush Brush - To be absolutely honest, I only bought this for the aesthetics and the metal handle but this quickly became my favorite for applying blush! Quick and easy application with soft bristles is a yes form me
  7. Essence Eyeliner brush - A quick story about this brush - I actually have another one but I thought I lost it and with a heavy heart and agony, I decided to buy another one and the universe was playin me because it showed up the day I bought another one (lowkey happy I have a backup for on the go though ha). This is my FAVORITE eyebrow brush along with eyeliner. The brush is so precise that I can create the flick of the eyeliner and the sharp end of the brow. 
  8. Mini Lip Brush from the dollar store - This one came in a set of a small blush brush and a concealer brush to be very honest I bought this on a whim but when I opened it in the car (I get too exited when I buy makeup lol) it was S O soft that I cried a little bit. I haven't had much luck with soft brushed from the dollar store but this one knocked my socks off (the quality and design i'm LIVING) This one is my favorite lip brush because it feathers the edges so beautifully and quickly (in comparison to the Real Techniques Lip Brush)
  9. MACQUEEN Liquid Liner - I've raved about this 5$ liquid eyeliner thats waterproof, long lasting, very comparable to the Em Cosmetics brush liner (slightly pricier), ,NYX liquid Liner (the wand is too long) and Kat Von D (no reason needed) but is only 5$ so you don't have to break the bank if you lose it or run out! I will literally recommend this to my cat, the Queen of England, the secretary of state etc. EVERYBODY DESERVES TO KNOW
  10. AOA Studio Magnetic Palette - This is the most inexpensive version of the Z-Palette and it's only 6$. The marble is so chic and it comes with a mirror so it's great for on the go! (Lowkey chose the marble because the BOYZ's Kevin's phone case has a marble design lol)
Left to Right 
  1. A Pill Case - I store all my already used false eyelashes in here and although the packaging is slightly bulky, this prevents me strange addiction of taking off my falsies and sticking them on the wall (LOL)
  2. Far Left, with the blue lid - ELF Molten Liquiud Eyeshadow in #Molten Bronze - This amps up any sparkly eyeshadow look and I absolutely LOVE this product. I purchased this on a whim at the dollar store and because it was only a dollar (as opposed to it's regular price. 6$) and it IS very patchy if you apply it directly with the wand but with any cream product, you first want to apply it on from the wand to the back of your hand, then using a flat concealer brush, apply it to the area desired (Shoutout to PONY for this advice also I'm in love with you) This also amps up my highlighter by 10 watts which is important to make your highlight pop in photos!
  3. Wet N Wild Contour Palette in Dulce de Leche - aka the only contour palette I use. This is pigmented enough to cast a shadow on your face in photos but is also bendable and light on the skin.
  4. Colourpop Super Shock Highlighter in #Lunch Money - My absolute, favorite affordable highlight: it doesn't emphasize my pores, is quick to apply with my fingers but doesn't leave the powdery texture on my skin. This is a very intense highlight so putting it on your entire cheekbone won't be necessary; just dab (where's BamBam) it on a concentrated area where you want the glow
  5. Neutrogena HydroBoost Foundation in #40 Nude - I have very mixed feelings about this foundation which is why I don't use it daily. First of all, the product is non comedogenic, extremely hydrating, comfortable and has a very easy applicator to apply (think Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation), not to mention it's very affordable BUT this foundation also oxidizes (tip: purchase shade lighter), is on the more pricier drugstore price, not very long-wearing and the wand WILL accumulate bacteria in the long run (not to mention the company tests on animals). I'm so indecisive about my thoughts on this foundation that I'm not sure if I will repurchase (half of my brain is like "yeah do it its so beautiful on the skin" but its also like "thats so not worth it")
  6. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact - This is just a simple powder that provides some coverage but does get cakey (just using it so I don't waste it at this point). On the other hand, this is so quick and easy to use 
  7. DUO eyelash adhesive - MY FAVORITE!!! I bought this on a BOGO Free sale so I have two  and I love how the applicator is easy to use as opposed to the black glue which comes in a squeezy tube and dries up at the top. 



From Left to right 
  1. Wet n Wild Eyeshadows in #Roseintheair and #NotABasicPeach - the best affordable eyeshadows that are warm-toned (which I LOVE) and can also be used as eyebrow powder if you have dark brown hair (the duality of a sister am I right people)  
  2. Bottom Left - NYX Utimate Brights Palette - My go-to bright eyeshadow palette; has every color of the rainbow and a couple of colors in between. Some of the shades are chalky (the purple one and the light green along with one of the pinks) but using it to deepen a color rather than using it as a transition color makes it an A+ palette.
  3. Top Left - Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in #GirlPower - My FAVORITE orange eyeshadow! I use it so much that it dried up (but I revived it with some baby oil) - an orange-red that I bought because Weylie used a similar one in her videos
  4. The SAEM single eyeshadow in #PP01 - I only bought this because my boi S.Coups from SEVENTEEN used this and I'm in love with him and his entire being. This is a deep purple  golden flecks that I LOVE
  5. Image result for the saem s.coups eyeshadow seventeen
  6. The Saem Single Shadow in #StrawberryCheeseTart - first of all...the color looks so much brown and pinky in the photo of the website but in real life its a light baby pink that I can't seem to pair with anything but god knows I'm trying lol
  7. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in #Wattles - The perfect everyday shadow that is warm-purple-brown (like a warm gray lilac color) that is perfect for all over the lids for an elegant look or a daily look
  8. Mamonde Creamy tint Color Balm Intense #RedPepper - MAC Chili's younger sister, she's drier than the Revlon Matte Balm which I enjoy because it's more longwearing than the Revlon ones (which comes off a second after application). Perfect for gradient lips or to give a nude lip some dimension
  9. Maybelline Vivid Mattes - I talked about these already but I'll give y'all the gist - There are various colors, but the bright, intense colors have less pigmentation (I'd go to Colourpop for vivd colors) and there are three nude colors which are really pretty, but don't dry down matte. The scent is so strong and nauseating and can be tasted. Overall, I wouldn't wear these daily because of the nauseating scent, but it looks great in photos so I use them for that
  10. NYX Matte Lip Cream - Cannes - the godsend, popular shade that looks great on any skin tone. Theres not much to say about it except I'm kind of running out and I'm sad
  11. Apieu Color LipStain Velvet Tint in #ThaiTea - The MOST Chic and expensive lip product that I own (next to the ColourPop Luxe Lips) and this just happened to be a random lipstick I chose to use in my photos this day.
  12. Wet N Wild - Blush and  megaglo Highlighter in #MellowWine and #GoldenFlowerCrown - just happened to be the ones I chose to use in the photos that day. 

And those are all the products that I use when taking photos! Some are products that I use only in photos (Neutrogena Foundations, Maybelline Vivid Mattes etc) and others are switched in and out depending on what mood I'm trying to achieve in the photo that day. 

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in my next post! - Uyen