Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Ultimate Oily Skin Guide!





HELLO INTERNET 
Today I'll be sharing a few oily skin tips and tricks that I've tested for 3 years of wearing makeup  
I have V E R Y oily skin (sides of forehead, undereye, eyelid you name it, its there) so I'm not sure these tips will work for skin that has "normal" skin (as the media calls it, but its just oil accumulated only on the T zone) 
(My skin is also VERY creas-y because i just have lots of skin (??) I'll make a seperate post for those tips bc kids with lotsa creases kno the makeup struggle)

Lets start 

1) Primer 
With oily skin theres a 99% chance you have huge pores 
Some products that help with that are the 
- Maybelline Better Skin Primer 
-Aritaum Pore Eraser Primer 
- Revlon Photoready Pore Reducing Primer 



ones that I tried and it failed is the ELF poreless face primer 

My first tip for primer is to pat it in rather than spread it on.
These primer do absolutely nothing to help oily skin BUT does cover pores that are huge because of sebum 

2) Concealers
Concealers usually don't last on my skin when I'm blotting throughout the day. Ones that last on the skin are the 
- The Saem Cover Tip Perfection Concealer

It's very drying on the skin (using a damp sponge won't make it look drying on the skin)
which makes it really stick to the skin throughout the day and it's full coverage at an affordable price!

3) Foundation 
My favorite part of makeup!! but also the part that gives me anxeity when I test new ones because it might just slip off my face
Ones I reccommend is the 
-Loreal pro matte Foundation (my actual holy grail drugstore foundation when I know I'm having a long day)

Blotting is not needed and i reccommend it for extremely oily skin you can feel it sucking in your oils (for "normal" skin it might feel extremely drying and uncomfortable)

Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation
This one is good for maybe 4-5 hour wear but you have to blot if you're going through 6-7 hour days 
it is definitely poreless and is matte for a decent amount of time. It also looks beautiful on the skin 

Foundations I would avoid 
- No 7 stay perfect foundation
First of all the undertones are definitely off  a bit (even with color matching technology) and its a very dewy finish. It won't last on the skin but I love the pump lol
- Etude House double lasting foundation
This one, like the No 7 foundation has a dewy almost wet finish (even when powdering) and the undertone is very grey. It stays dewy throughout the day and lasts a few hours before the dewyness mixes with oils makes the foundation look horrible. I also love the pump for this lol 

4) Powder
- Maybelline fit me matte and poreless powder 
is bomb af and really makes your skin smooth and oil free i love it !!!!

- Rimmel stay Matte powder
is the one I switch around with. Also very smooth and has the perfect amount of oil control 

Ones I would not reccommned
- Wet N Wild Photofinishing powder 
This one has absolutely zero oil control properties and makes you oily 5 minutes after you apply it 
- Innisfree sebum control pressed powder.
This one is perfect for setting the lid for a smooth canvas for eyeshadow because it keeps the oils on the lid under control but the face there is flashback and very decent oil control properties (maybe 2-3 hours)

5) Eyebrows
One word: ultabeautybrowpomade


6) Eyeliner
Recommend:
MACQUEEN waterproof liner 
this will NEVER wear off throughout the day unless you take it off yourself with eye makeup remover. Its also very affordable and comes in brown if you want a natural wing 

Ulta Precise liquid liner 
is very pigmented and pretty good wear time even with watery and oily eyes and eyelids 


Not reccommend :
Elf instense liquid liner 
- it doesn't claim that its waterproof but even other liners that dont claim to be waterproof stays on the lid (Ex. ulta precise liquid liner). This one comes right off and the felt tip is so huge that a precise win is not achievable

7) Mascara
This one gives me dark flashbacks of raccoon eyes after testing new waterproof mascaras (and not waterproof) 
The ones that actually work for my eyes 
- Loreal double extend tubing mascara
If y'all are not familiar with tubing mascara, it NEVER smudges and it coats around your eyelashes instead of sinking into your eyelashes (if that makes sense) you remove it with warm water iin one swipe and is basically magical for oily undereyes which make the average mascara run 


-Lancome definicils mascara 
okay before you start paniking about the price I recommend you buying the travel size of this because it lasts for centuries (which you're not even supposed to keep it that long bc bacteria grows in there over time) 

This one doesn't claim to be waterproof but it is oily-skin proof. This one does not run during the day and is perfect for a top coat for any mascara that runs. 
Loreal Lash Paradise runs down my eyes like CRAZY but if I coat this lancome mascara over my lashes after applying my mascara, it doesn't run at all and lasts throughout the day!!

8) lipstick 
i don't have oily lips lol but the colourpop matte liquid lipsticks are bomb if you need a lip product to last for the whole day 
(maybelline 24 hour superstay liquid lipstick is great too!!)

9) Setting Spray 
-Milani matte setting spray is the most decent setting spray I've used from the drugstore 
(but I still stand by my Urban Decay All nighter setting spray)

Would not reccommend:
- Wet N Wild Setting Spray (White Bottle) 
this one does not have oil control at all 




Tip and Tricks!!!
1) moisturize A LOT beforehand because this WILL make your skin product less (not significantly less) oils
2) After applying foundation set it with setting spray, bounce a wet sponge on the your face to press the setting spray on your face before powdering and spraying and bouncing again 
3) If you know you're going to need to wear it for a long time in hot weather, baking the ENTIRE FACE for 10 minutes will lock in your oils and you will literally produce zero oils during the day (watch out for flashbacks though!!) 
4) Tubing Mascara and dry formulated brow pomades are everyone's friend