Monday, June 18, 2018

Thoughts on Blackpink's new album + New Music Updates

Hello my Internet Humans!!!
As you all know (if not now you know ha) I update my music playlist every.single.week (which eventually accumulates into thousands of songs a year and one time my hard drive died and lets just say my life spiraled downward for a good week trying to find all those songs again)
Here are some songs that I've added to my playlist this week! Some are recently released, some have been released in like 2011 and just discovered them lets get on with it 

1) Red Velvet -  #Cookie Jar 
Image result for red velvet cookie jar album
Red Velvet Japanese Debut album - #CookieJar

First of all, we've just blasted to the past of their Rookie era and I'm not mad TBH lol. 
People (like SO many people) say that Rookie is their least favorite era because that's when Red Velvet lost their color but only intellectuals will hear the A+ back vocals and the ground-breaking instrumentals (and to be honest, the only thing that ruined that song to me was the cover that the girls did on Idol School I can't unhear that but I wish I could)  

Cause of You was the side-track that was also in the album and imma just say that track is SO GOOD. I don't rememebr what it sounds like right now but I do vaguely remmeber is playing when I was studyding at 2AM and I felt that my life has changed from that point. 

2. ONF - You Complete Me 
Image result for onf you complete me album
ONF Second Mini Album Cover -'You Complete Me' also Laun is so darn cute my heart is exploding
You might know my children if you watched YG's waste-everyone's-time survival show MIXNINE. (I personally didn't watch the show because I was overwhelmed with survival shows at that point with Stray Kids, the Unit and MIXNINE airing at the same TIME AIJDWIJFLA) 

But if you want a gist of ONF in the show:
-Hyojin was the center and tbh he has a best buddy Seungjoon and they hate-love

- Changyoon (Etion) got f*cked over and went rage level 600% when one of the RBW boys (HE WILL NOT BE NAMED) sabotaged their performance on purpose and got him eliminated (KNK stans can relate) 

- Rapper Wyatt is literally a jock and has a rapper-from-other-companies jock friends that are class-clown/rowdy boys. When no one wanted to cover TVXQ's song, he and his rapper pals volunteered and everyone (evEN HIS OWN ONF BUDDIES) was like 'wtf' but they needed a vocalist so they chose this one kid who was kinda nerdy and didn't fit the concept AT ALL. 

But what's fucking cool was that he changed everyone's view of his team which consists of jocks and a nerd and that performance will forever be my favorite performance in MIXNINE history (next to BOOMBAYAH ofc) 

- MK is such a happy boy and he sings well pls love him 

- YUTO WHOS FRIENDS WITH YUTO FROM PENTAGON INCEPTION

- Laun was MIXNINE's baby and everyone and their grandma's nieces' sister babied him 

Although I feel like the show was a waste of time, I feel like they got some more recognition from that show but for some reason they're STILL being slept on in this comeback (what blasphemy...) and ALL the songs are so good, paired with A+ vocals please don't sleep on ONF they literally died on MIXNINE and had comeback that was slept on 

3) Clover - LONGGUO (feat. Yoon Mi Rae)
Image result for yongguk clover
Longguo's teaser for his solo 'Clover'

To refresh your memory about this beautiful man (although you won't need it if you've heard of JBJ or the iconic duo Longguo&Shihyun) he's a contestant who fooled everyone in Broduce 101. 

He was criticised for his singing (I think someone said his singing tone was very bad) and that lead to very little votes for him on the show. But FINALLY in around the few final episodes, they gave him a chance to sing and BOI HE BLEW THEM AWAY and I'm not talking about "oh wow that was good" I'm talking "the-editor-turn-off-everyones-mic-and-increased-Longguos-voice" good and the nation fell in love. 
Unfortunately, he didn't make it to the final 11 but he debut with his pal Shihyun with a mini album, joined JBJ, AND has a solo that boi is a hustler lemme tell yall. 

Anyways his voice and angelic and he's a savage stan longguo and love him with all you heart. Don't forget to stream 'Clover' to show your support.

Also, this is strictly a given, but stan Yoon Mi Rae. She has paved a path for korean hip hop culture in South Korea and is a huge inspiration for people who are multi-cultured. 

4. Love Virus - Kihyun (aka OST K I N G) and Seola (aka cosmic princess!!!)
Image result for love virus kihyun
What's Wrong Secretary Kim OST album Cover 
OST King Kihyun is back at it again and he's killin it with his top notch vocals (I mean what's new am i right people)
Seola, who is one of Starship's longest training trainees, now in WJSN (or Cosmic Gods) is doing nothing less than killin it with the What's Wrong Secretary Kim OST. 


5. Blackpink - The Entire Square U Album
Image result for blackpink square up
Square Up Mini Album Tracklist 
First of all, I'm so glad each member shined in each song (my favorite track is Really because Lisa shined in it the most and god knows I'm absolutely in love with Lisa) 
This album swept the entire WORLD (let that sink in for a bit...7.4 billion people..listening to Blackpink...I can't even fathom..) and I don't blame them this album knocked me off my socks.

Now, in my opinion, I think this album is long overdue. 
YG artists like BIGBANG, IKON, WINNER and AKMU have mini albums that sweep charts on their DEBUT. But Blackpink finally has a mini album after TWO years after debut (and honestly is anyone surprised lmfao YG is the definition of misogyny.) 
Some might say that good things take time and because people become more curious and excited because of the long wait for an album (and I can see where they're going with that) 
but I feel like their debut was so unplanned and he just debut them on a whim and gave them comebacks whenever he hears a good sample of a song instead of planning an album for their comebacks beforehand.
Either way, I love Blackpink with all my heart and nothing could change that but Blackpink definitely deserves better.