Monday, April 2, 2018

Smokey Mermaid Look (why does that sound very wrong to say) (Colourpop Dream St Palette Look #1) / A Guide

Hellooo Internet!!!
I made a look using the Colourpop Dream St Palette inspired by a scene in District 9 by Stray Kids 


But I couldn't find any greens in the palette so I settled with teal, browns and red tones 




Before creating this look I primed my eyes with the Maybelline Better Skin in #Light
then set it all with #Magical (second color)
1) Shooting Star 
All over the crease using ELF blending Brush, keeping it as close to the crease as possible
2) Water Bearer 
inner and outer corner using a very precise small brush, making sure not to blend it out too high 
3) Potion 
made the color warmer, put it higher up the crease but still keeping it close, blended it with Water Bearer but I still wanted the distinction between two colors so I blended it closer to Potion instead of mixing the two colors together
4) Mermaid Boy 
placed it on the lid with a finger (WITHOUT FIX PLUS WHATTTT I KNO) 
5) Spark 
on the outer lower lash line, smoked with pencil brush + Covergirl Blastflipstick, Blendable Lip Duo  #Stunner for a bit more red tones
6) Mooney + Kaleidoscope 
inner corner and inner lower lash liner


Other Products used:
- Ulta Brow Pomade #WarmBrown
- ELF brow pencil (the darkest shade)
- MACQUEEN liquid liner #01
- Loreal Telescopic Mascara #BlackestBlack
- LA Girl color corrector #Yellow