Monday, April 2, 2018

Colourpop Mini Haul and Review

Hello internet!!!!
I'm back with a impulsive purchase!!
Today my Colourpop purchase came thru (the mail lol) and here's what I've accumulated

The first thing I purchased was the Kathleenlights Dream St Palette bc who doesnt love kathleenlights am i right people 





Here are the swatches with flash (left) and natural light (right)

What I love about these are that the mattes are dry (so its easy to blend) and the shimmers are soft (which allows maximum shimmers in every swatch). My personal faves are Twinkle (gold and copper shimmer) and Shooting Star (pink mauve brown, great for everyday wear or romantic soft looks)


Some other things I purchased are the Lux Lipsticks
I'm so over the liquid lipstick trend and is currently looking for some affordable great quality lipsticks that transfer as little as possible.
I had some maybelline ones in mind because they have a wide range of colors but I decided on the Lux Lipsticks because the packaging is ðŸ’¯




I still look at the packaging everyday and cry a little bit inside 

The shades I bought are Foolish (red orange leaning towards the red, very flamin hot cheetos esque ) and Lay Over (nude mauve brown pink leaning on the brown side which I LOVE for everyday wear)
The main reason I bought Lay Over is because I wanted to compare it to the Etude House BE109 but it was out of stock when I went to purchase it on Yesstyle 

Left: Both Colors with Flash, Right: Both colors in natural light 

Lux Lipsticks vs Lippie Stix

Lux Lipstick less creamy (in a good way) so the color lasts a LOT longer than the Lippie Sticks 
Lippie stix don't last long from my experience because theyre much much MUCH creamyer and emphasize my fine lines 
Lux Lipsticks > Lippie Stix


Here is a warm look I created with the new products 
(Follow me on  ig @glossmangoes for more makeup looks!)

I used Potion on the outer corners and the lower lash line, Twinkle on the lid and Shooting Star in the crease. I used Elfish on the upper lash line and a smidge of it on the outer corners, and finally Sweet Dreams on the inner corners and first half of the lower lash line 



Other Products Used: 
Elf eyebrow pencil in the darkest shade(Target)
Elf eyebrow wax (Target) 
MACQUEEN liquid liner (Yesstyle)
Wet N Wild contour Palette (Dulce De Leche) (Target) 
Colourpop Lunch Money (Colourpop.com)