Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Top 10 Favorite Debut Albums (Boy Group Ver)

HI INTERNET IM BACK WITH A VERY SPONTANEOUS POST

First of all here are some life upd8s that no one asked for
- i just updated Microsoft on my laptop and now the clock is G O N E ????
i dont even know what time it is anymore (me being dramatic) and for the past 4 days ive been using the sun as a guide to tell time. I feel like that meme of the girl churning butter bc her internets not working (i guess Microsoft realized time is an illusion and we're living in a void) 
- N E X T i bought April's and GOT7's new album and ITS ABOUT TO GET L I T (classically lit  for aprils album) IN H E R E 
- And I listened to the Boyz' debut album and i forgot how much I LOVED it which brought me to make this post ayyy
- LETS START THIS IS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDERS LES G O 

1) SEVENTEEN '17CARAT' 

First of all I bought the physical album and I play it in my car whenever Charlie Puth plays (NO SHADE INTENDED) 
I remember being obsessed with this album THE DAY IT CAME OUT (May 2015 if i'm correct which I am bc I just checked my info w/ google lol) I listened to this particular album after watching their show (i still cry during the last episode i h8) and that started my entire SEVENTEEN phase which lasted 3 years. I EVEN BOUGHT A FISH AND NAMED HIM AFTER THIS ALBUM OK thats how great it is (he's hibernating rn and he wont eat nd i'm sad)

anyways my fav track, '20' was definately my cup of tea with the acoustics and 'Ah Yeah' is my current favorite. This entire album is the ultimate definition of 'pop music' like it can't get any more 'pop' than this tbh GIVE IT A LISTEN IF U LOVE POP MUSIC AYY


2) The album that gave birth to this post:
'The First'- The Boyz


idk if you can tell...but this is their first album 
First of all?? obsessed with all the songs in this album.
It's got EDM it's got R&B, it's got 90's pop, it's got dance music, it's the emergency pouch you bring with you everywhere bc it has everything you need
I can't even name my favorite track bc they're all different and i love each one at different times 

'Walkin in time' is definately one of those songs you listen to when you end class at 10PM and you're feeling miserable as you're driving half an hour to get home  but it's also great for nights when you have trouble sleeping even though you thought that 3AM bowl of cereal will help
(ALSO KEVIN'S HARMONIZING @ 2:50 ENDS ME AND RESURRECTS ME AT THE SAME TIME) 
the best part?? ITS 5 MINUTES LONG OK IT DOESNT GET BETTER THAN THIS 

the 'intro' and 'boy' will guarantee your party gonna be lit (tbh 'boy' is just the intense version of 'Im your boy'

'Got it' is the song that got me into this album the EDM is strong in this one AND I LOVE IT 
i had this song playing in my head in the middle of a physics exam once and i passed listen to this album 4 good grades 

last but not least 'im your boOOOooOOooOooOoY' (thats how it starts) idk how to explain this song but i fall in love with it the more i listen to it and sometimes i listen to other songs and come back to this and im like ??????? why did i abandon u 
how to describe it?? it's the 'i love u bitch i aint never gonna stop loving u bitch' vine but in 3 mintues

wow thats long NEXT

3) DAY6 - 'The Day'

tbh i spend more time playing DAY6 songs (hard mode bc im a beast also i love suffering) on Superstar JYP than doing anything else bc priorities 
they're a rock band, they have great music, they have a hot bassist what more can u ask for tbh 
this album??? hits home every time. Every time I listen to this album I feel like im eating Pho while it's raining outside and im in fluffy pjs and i have nothing planned 
i can't explain each and indifidual track bc I JUST CAN'T SO y'all gotta listen to it yourselves but if you want details Jae's got ur back with that self promo on his twitter if u scroll long enough he's got info for you lol 

4) 'Pentagon' by Pentagon

if u listen closely you can hear me continuously making the "the song 'pentagon' in the album 'pentagon' by the group 'pentagon'" joke
YES FRIENDS THIS IS THE GROUP WITH 'HUI' THE MASTERMIND OF WANNA ONE'S 'ENERGETIC' AND BRODUCE 101'S 'NEVER' and ya'll probably didnt know that bc this album was SO slept on when it was released
This was released at the same time as bts' BS&T and I only know that bc my older sister refused to listen to the title track 'Gorilla' and wanted to listen to bts instead so I bought Gorilla and changed the song name to 'Blood Sweat and Tears' and changed the artist to 'bts' and she was like 'o damn bts is really out there making masterpieces' when she listened to it BUT LITTLE DOES SHE K N O W
(i told her a month after lol)
but this entire album is EDM and R&B!!! my two fave genres!!!

'Pentagon' is an INTENSE ballad with EDM mixed with it and tbh the song of the generation i love it
'gorilla' the title track, is dance music with EDM incorporated in it if i remember correctly
ITS A B O P BLESS URSELVES AND LISTEN TO IT P L S
'Lukewarm', 'organic song' and 'smile' are all r&b and if i rmemeber correctly it's 90's r&b and are hands down my favorite tracks in the album!!!

((all of their songs are great but that's for a separate post)))

5) ONF - 'on/off'


FIRST OF ALL: TROPICAL HOUSE MIX!!!!!!!!
SECOND OF ALL: WHERE R MY MIX9 BOYS YG WYD and hyojin dyed his hair i cant whats happening
The title track 'ON/OFF' is so good i cant even expain it
this song's genre??? EMD A N D HOUSE I CANT WITH THIS I LOVE IT
'Difficult' iS SUCH A FEEL GOOD SONG LIKE IF U FAIL AN EXAM THIS SONGS GOT UR BACK AND YOULL FEEL BETTER IN N O TIME its a tropical house mix with heavy brass  instruments (i fukcing LOV E)
then it goes from 100 to 50 with a mellow ballad song. 'If we dream' is a catchy ballad and even tho its a ballad it is Body Rolls certified. (also vocals on POINT IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF)
then it goes back to 100 with another tropical house song!!!! an entire emotional roller coaster to play with my feelings!!! thanks!!
'original' is vocal heavy and its got brass instruments and house mixed with it im IN LOVE WITH THIS ALBUM IF U COULDN'T TELL ALREADY
*tiffany's voice* now let me bring it back to 120 (i think thats what she said i havent heard that song in a W H I L E)
another slow tempo ballad but not really!!! 'cat's waltz' is about how a cat opens its eyes to the world for the first time like how they're introducing themselves to the world for the first time (if thats not cute then idk what is tbH) ITS GOT THE CAT'S MEOW IN IT TO HOW CUTE
its a very soft, spring song!!!





Thats it for the BEST debut albums of all t i m e

Some more that I LOVE but haven't included:
- 'Gol-Cha' by Golden Child (the only dance music you'll need and 'Dam Da Di'?? life changing and i love my 00 line children)
- IKON - 'welcome back' i know i didnt rave about this but if you give me 2 hours i will rave about it for all 120 minutes guarenteed ('Today' and 'welcome back' make me emotional every time)
- Winner '2014 S/S' - no words needed i'd quit eating pizza for this album
- Sam Kim 'I Am Sam' i listen to this every night and that's all y'all need to know about this album. He has a gorgeous voice, gorgeous personality, you can sense his passion every time he sings im in love
- Crush 'Crush On You' - Really chill music if ur a chill person (not me)  or someone who needs to find their chill (me), great voice, very soft and all his sONGS ARE GOOD
-up10tion - 'Top Secret' I love ALL THESE SONGS AND UP10TION'S VOCALS ARE ALWAYS ON POINT PLS SUPPORT THEIR LASTEST SONG 'CANDYLAND'


Girl Group Version coming V E R Y SOON