Thursday, March 22, 2018

My Favorite Nude Lipsticks 2018

Hello Internet!!! Long time no see!! Finals have been killing me softly but I woke up an hour ago with a sudden urge to share my favorite Nude Lipsticks (including Liquid Lipsticks ayy!!) 

For a shade reference I'm a NC25 in MAC foundations and these lipstick don't make me look like I put white out on my lip (no shade if thats your favorite look)
Here are the swatches of each I tried to make them look aesthetically pleasing but obviously that didn't work out 


This photo is under natural light with flash photography 


This photo is under natural light and no flash


(made the photo extra large so y'all can clearly examine the undertones and pigments)

So here's a mini review on each product lets gooo


- Revlon Matte Lip #seduction

This color is the exact color of my lips so I don't use it as often but I mostly use it when I have the tragic case of Foundation Lips 
Although this claims to be matte, it doesn't seem to be like the traditional "dry, tight and long lasting" lipstick. It's very moisturizing for a liquid lipstick and doesn't dry down unless you blot it a couple of times. I recommend applying it, blotting it, reapplying it, then blotting again for maximum wear time. This also has a very fruity (slightly nauseating if you're sensitive to smells like me) scent that doesn't really go away
I enjoy it but for the price (7.99$ I think) i wouldn't repurchase

- Elf liquid Lip in Praline

This is the newest addition to my hoard and I AM IN LOVE WITH IT
it is the traditional liquid lipstick where it drys down which makes it last long.
It is slightly uncomfortable for me when I apply it directly with the applicator for a bold look, but for comfortable wear I like to put some on the back of my hand and use my finger to dab on the color and I AM IN LOVE 
(When I started wearing makeup I gravitated towards natural, pinky tones but throughout all of 2017, I gravitated towards the warms tones and brown colors which is probably why I love this so mUC H)
It has better wear time than the Revlon one, but less than the Colourpop ones. 
Overall I would definitely repurchase (especially since it was only 5$!)

- NYX lip lingerie #Bedtime Flirt
This one is a little more comfortable to wear as a liquid lipstick and it does dry down but not all the way (if that makes sense). It dries to a matte-satin finish and has lasting power as long as the ELF one (could handle non oily foods but when it hit the eggrolls and fried chicken, shes a goner)
Not much to really say about this product tbh it has no scent and it's a very nice every day color!

- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip #Echo Park

There is an obvious mistake in the picture but we'll just continue like we've witnessed nothing.
When I purchased Bedtime Flirt, I realized it was the same exact colour as Echo Park!
Echo Park is a bit cheaper and more comfortable on the lips because it's a satin finish.
Both have the same wear time but I definately gravitate this more and would repurchase because of the unbeatable price and comfortable wear!

- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip #Alyssa 
As opposed to the coral undertone of Echo Park, Alyssa has a grey undertone. (it doesn't make the color LOOK grey but it's a dusty nude color) this color is VERY nude and pale on my skin tone but it's very comfortable (ofc its a satin lip) for every day wear!
This, again can handle non-oily foods but will wear off once it hits the oils 

-Essence Long Lasting Lipstick #Barely there
This one is a little on the mauve side as opposed to the nude side. Its kind of purpley, dusty pink and it has the most satisfying glide on the lip when you apply it. It has a light fruity distinct scent (sometimes when I smell anything familiar to it my brain is like "its the essence lipstick smell!!") 
It has very little wear time, unfortunately but on the plus side, the shade is very cute and the price if unbeatable!!

Wet N wild #Bare It All
Ah Yes, the Iconic Bare It All by Wet N Wild
First of all I've heard this is a dupe for MAC's Velvet Teddy but I'm 500% sure they edited the photo to make it look like to because this is a straight up coral pink and Velvet teddy it a brown nude.
This only is more tacky than the Essence lipstick that glides on the lips but that tackiness makes the wear longer than the Essence one. 

ELF lip color #Praline 
This is like the Praline Liquid Lipstick but is crayon form. This one blends in with my lips so nicely so when it fades throughout the day it still looks cute! The wear is about the same as the Wet N Wild one because it's also very tacky like the Wet N Wild one. There is no scent and is overall the perfect MLBB

NYX Liquid Suede #Soft Spoken
This is a extremely liquified liquid lipstick (confused?? Same.) and is kind of oily at the same time?? The oil sinks into your lips and is slihgtly moisturizing but after it dries down, you wouldn't even know it was there. It feels as if you never put on lipstick at all and thats what I love the most about this product. It has pretty good wear time after it dries (not life changing but still pretty good wear time) and does not feel uncomfortable after it dries WHICH I L O V E. Overall, I highly recommend this product.