Tuesday, July 17, 2018

NO 7 Airbrush Away Tinted Skin Perfector Review

So for the past year I've been looking far and wide for a dupe of the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream and the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint. I have oily skin that melts my foundation like a popisicle left on the front porch so skin tints are my saviour. I also have acne scarring so coverage is also an important factor that I look for in a skin tint. Luckily (or not lol read the rest for more info) for me I spotted this at my local drugstore. 






This is the Boots NO7 Airbrush Away Tinted Skin Perfector and from what I've heard from articles, this is the upgraded version of their Dual Action Tinted Moisturizer (don't quote me on that).

When I first swatched it on my hand at the store, it complete covered a spot on my skin that's slightly blue because of my anemia so I was excited to try it out at home. 

This product comes in a simple 1oz squeezy tube and on the websites it claims to have vitamin-enriched formula, blurs imperfections including fine lines, pores and redness while conditioning skin and defending the damage effects of free radicals. It also claims to have skincare benefits and sheer coverage. Unfortunately, I can't test out the whole "defend skin from free radicals" part but the rest seems to be promising. Along with these claims, there are also before and after pictures that exponentially increase my expectations for this product. (also no SPF)


I purchased the shade light and as a first impression, the consistency is very mousse-y, whipped and slightly thick. When I squeezed it out of the bottle, a perfect pea shaped formed and the whipped air bubbles formed on it. The color looked too dark but I spoke with a someone at the NO 7 beauty counter and she said that the color may seem dark but it color matches with your skin color when you blend it in (like those clear lipsticks that match with your pH when you apply it). 




The scent is very pungent and sickening (kind of unpleasant in my opinion but I can look past it). 
The website says that its best to blend it in with your fingers so that's what I did. The consistency when I rub it between my fingers is soft and greasy rather than wet like a foundation and as I rub it in my skin, rather than blending seamlessly, it seems to pill up into balls like when you put on too much Benefit's Porefessional in one go. 

The coverage is so little that I barely see a difference and I feel like I just used a tinted primer rather than a tint (in their defense they did state that its sheer coverage). Because of this, I can't really say much about the wear time because I can't see it. My pores were slightly covered and it left a soft and slightly greasy finish on my skin. 
Before 

After 
 As you can see my upper lip hair is slightly lighter and the section under my cheekbones is less dark. My skin looks a bit more perfected and color corrected than before and some parts of my jaw is color corrected as well.
After

I decided to put another layer on my skin using a sponge to see if I could build coverage. I used a thick wedge that's similar to the consistency of the Skin Food Wedge Puff and blended it with patting motion. Unfortunately there was no improvement on coverage.

Now that I look at the photos again, I think the tint is pretty good for evening my skin tone and some redness along with covering my pores so I think its not bad, but I'm still a light to medium coverage kind of gal.  

Overall, I would pass this on to my mom who doesn't care for foundation but loves skincare and has dark spots. 
Although I can see the coverage, I would rather leave my skin bare or covered with a medium to full coverage foundation so I'll have to pass up on this product. (I'll definately stick to my NO 7 Lift and Luminate Serum Foundation though!!)