Friday, February 2, 2018

January 2018 Music Faves


Wow okay January flew by real quick and i'm 1000% sure I can't even name 10 things i accomplished this month (except i did a lot of physics and molecular biology) 

(also current situation: there is a red velvet album cover on my screen that wont go away I was listening to Bad Boy and after i closed the window the album cover just never went away lol)

Favorite songs of January 2018!

1) Love Scenario - iKON 
(and maybe most likely 100% of their entire second album tbh)


Okay first of all I've never been THIS blessed since My Type came out and good god I'M IN L O V E
This entire album cured my anxiety and saved my gpa and watered my entire crops and *descends into the void*
This album also has a special place in my heart because this is their New Start™ 
The members said they created this album with the mindset of being proud of their work rather than worrying about the album's success on the charts and that really made me cry for like 500000 hours straight 

Some songs in this album that are nominated for the national anthem:
- One and Only (B.I solo)
- Don't Forget
- Love Me 

pls love my boys


2) Think About Chu - Sam Kim 
(and frankly all his covers and albums and his entire being)

wow we bout to get serious over here first of all this boy????? changed my life??? 
if y'all dont know him ill give you a little 'Sam Kim 101 but not really'
so he's this bro dude from seattle washington and he's literally the best artist ive ever listened to 
if you think i'm being dramatic yOURE WRONG 
this song Think About Chu is a remake from the one thats like 500 years old and its the most delicious, sultry, funky song you'll ever hear in your life 
like sometimes when i'm having a good day and this song pops up in my playlist i automatically feel Extra Blessed
(also yeah this song is exactly one year old and i still love it with all my heart and soul dont h8)




3) ~42 - Primary (feat. Sam Kim & eSNA)


y'all might be wondering: sam kim??? again?? and if you are i got big news and possibly disappointment for you lol. i would describe this song but i'd be using the same adjectives as the song before 
and honestly his voice is so sultry and delicious (which is weird when he sang hakuna matata that one time lol) 




4) For Now - Kwon JinAh & Sam Kim 

ANOTHER SAM KIM SONG???? yes. i love this song thats it thats the description
also kwon jinah ended all recessions and saved the economy with her voice im just stating factz




5) I'm All Ears - Taeyeon

Ah yes....Queen Taeyeon of Girls Generation...
this song is very calming and was released about a month ago but it didn't really catch my attention until the mv came out (the Power Of Music Videos am i right kids)
and i dont have much to say except its great for midnight car rides and it makes you dissociate when youre listening to it in traffic (also im the dude in the gif launching her out the window)




6) Flower - JBJ

Next up is JBJ aka Broduce Princes. tBH i started loving this song for its mv aesthetics i just love that tone of yellow that taehyun is wearing and the colors contrasting with the white just made me super happy inside. ((ALSO KENTA'S OUTFIT HELLLO)) overall this song is bomb as fuck and HI THEY GOT THEIR FIRST WIN FROM IT its THAT good people listen to their entire album 

(also i didn't want to mention is here but in the mv they were reading Little House on the Prarie while flirting with the camera and if y'all dont know what that book is about its a whole bunch of diary entries written by a little girl from the gold rush era and some chapters its like "im having fun at school!!" while the others were like "i had to wear my bonnet and travel in my wagon while my dog had to walk and i felt bad for him" lmfao (i love that series tho))


7) A Real Man - The East Light 
(my sons are all grown up and im sad)


me listening to this song is like a mom watching her son leave for prom 
but anyways i love this song and this album is pretty darn good so listen to my sons and give them the recognition they derserve (pls) 
(also not in this album but you gotta listen to I Got You if you lov high school musical ur gonna lov that)
This song is about a boy turning into a real man but im pretty sure they're eating their otter pops and drinking their apple juice boxes backstage as i speak


8) BBOOM BBOOM & Same Same - MOMOLAND
(aka my girls are finally getting the attention they deserve)

TALK ABOUT THE GREATEST TURN OF THE CENTURY AM I RIGHT KIDS
momoland gets worldwide recognition and a grammy from this comeback like their last comeback they had some recognition but THIS comeback.... they're killing it out there  in the music industry 
even tho their last comeback had beethoven and king  kim jaehwan 
ALSO while you're out there purchasing this song you should also get their side track 'Same Same' 
bc Nancy's voice in that first 30 seconds is wins the Cutest Thing I've Ever Heard In My Lifeall the other nominees can go home now


9) Baby It's U - Jeong SeWoon
(this song changed my life nd i love my aesthetic broduce son)
MY AESTHETIC BRODUCE S O N !!d!!!!!!!!
if you havent seen the mv yet its all aesthetics, his teaser videos are aesthetics his songs are aesthetics his entire life is One Huge Aesthetic my dudes
Like his first albums all the songs are super lighthearted and soft like that fluffy infatuation phase when you first fall in love ((then you can listen to fellow artist monsta x after for the 'infatuation is over and i realized he hates spaghetti and eats his own boogers' relationship phase)

also EDM lovers i got some news 4 u bc theres edm in this song but its still lighthearted like idk how he do it ily jeong sewoon



9) Secret Garden - Oh My Girl 
(i didn't cry when they had their first win you did)

ok so first of all did i save this song or did this song save me 
This is the Classic™ oh my girl comeback (which includes flower fields, fresh colors, elegant dresses, and insane dance moves) 
And we can't talk about oh my girl without mentioning their title-song-worthy side tracks 
(i personally reccommend 'butterfly' which is possibly the 420th kpop song titled butterfly in my itunes list)

also fun fact when omg first debut with cupid there was a rumor going around saying that jine (i lov her nd i miss her) was baros sister so up until closer or maybe Liar Liar i thought they were siblings (until his actual sister went on the unit lol)



 10) RollerCoaster - Chungha
(this sounds like a paris by night song lol i love it)
Ah yes, chungha....the dancing queen young and sweet only seventeen
first of all i LOVE THIS SONG its got the 'im going roller skating with my friends nd im wearing glow sticks on my neck nd having a good time' aura 
(kinda like snuper platonic love but thats a comletely different genre)
also shout out to the neon and galactic aesthetic it really brings the mv and song together imo
i heard people were gold mining in san fransisco and found chungha's album in the mine then they found out the reason its in there was bc all the sidetracks are worth more than gold and that was the end of the gold mining industry (pls for the love of goodness dont quote this)
ANYWAYS moral of story: listen to her sidetracks
( I personally reccommend Do It, and Bad Boy theyre certified bops by president obama himself (dont quote me on that either pls)

Also any vietnamese readers listen to paris by nght?? this song sounds like could be on paris by night lol

p.s the red velvet album cover stuck on my laptop is still there and i aint complaining lol