Monday, March 26, 2018

I Review Gold and Copper Eyeshadows // Loves and Hates

Hello Internet!!!! (i accidentally made a typo and it said 'HELLP INTERNET' perfect)
Today I'm discussing my favorite highlighting eyeshadows/ lid shadows! Highlighting eyeshadows are the ones you put in the middle of your lid for a pop of shimmer and to give your eye look some dimension. I also pop these shadows in my inner corners and extend it to the front 1/3 of my lower lash line just because. 
When I'm doing a glam look I also like to wet these shadows with Fix Plus or Elf Setting Spray and apply them to the lid 
Top: Swatches with Flash 

Heres me putting it under different lights like the colors are going to change or something lol


So i'm just going to put a little something something about each eyeshadow down here
starting with the first one which is the

1) Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette in #Honey Pot
This eyeshadow was the biggest raved eyeshadow back in like idk 2013? Youtuber ILIKEWEYLIE and ZOELLA totally RAVED about how this palette is perfect,  and how pigmented it was. 
In my opinion, I think it was overhyped and there are definately drugstore products (or even palettes from small business with TONS of pigment) that are w a y  more pigmented. As for the color, its definitely a nice standard gold which I love, but I needed two swipes, setting spray and the power of anime to make it this thing pigmented. 

2) Be... by BUBZBEAUTY in #charsmatic
This one is a drugstore product brought to you by the first Youtuber that has inspired me since the 10th grade. This shadow is v e r y buttery compared to the Too Faced One, which allows the product to have more pigment and shimmer. As you can tell from the swatches it's tond more pigmented and its so much cheaper than the Too Faced one. Another cool thing is that the money for every palette purchased funds schools that she creates!! i love her 

3) Be.. By bubzbeauty #Able
First of all I love all the names of the shades and how inspiring they are
As for this shadow, this one is more of a coppery-rose gold color rather than just straight up gold.
This ones has great pigment but the color payoff is lacking because the shadow is a bit chalky. Doing your eyeshadow before your foudnation is an easy fix for fallout though!

4) Irrisistable Palette #Love Letter
This palette is the dupe for the ABH Ren Fair palette and honestly?? other than the 3 shimmer shades that I would definately de-pot and put it in an empty palette, the shades are lacking. Love Letter looks gold in the pan but has a white sheen to is. It's V E R Y buttery and creamy and I love it for highlihgting the inner corners. 

5) Retro Love Palette #Revolution
This palette is also a dupe paletter for the ABH subculture palette. This shadow is a very intense gold and copper shimmer shade and the eyeshadow is VERY creamy (like putty) which makes the color payoff beautiful (also makes me anxious to use the shadow bc im scared I'll press too hard)!!  There is little to no fallout and is very similar to the consistency of Colourpop Super Shock Shadows. Highly recommend and is definitely one of the best golds in this post.

6) Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in #Amaze
Not important info but this is actually my very first Colourpop purchase (granted its like a year old lol)
I am absolutely in love with this eyeshadow, it's very very v e r  y shimmery which I LOVE, it gives your eyeshadow look a gold shimmery sheen and is very easy to apply. There is no fallout because it's a cream eyeshadow and is very pigmented with one easy swipe. I've been sitting here thinking of a con for this but this only thing I've thought of it that the lid is detachable which makes it easy to lose (but the shadow needs the detachable lid for a tight seal to prevent drying out so that wasn't a very good reason lol)
This is also more of a chunky shimmer color unlike the Retro Love Palette which has a smooth golden sheen

7 & 8) Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 (Naked 2 Dupe) in #Half Baked and #Chopper
I categorized these two shadows together  because they're both the same consistency but differ in color. Half baked is more of a copper while chopper moves towards the yellow tones. These are part of the more drying shadows and definitely needs a spray for a more intense shimmer (rubbing the shadow twice before swatching does the trick for hand swatches though)

9) ELF Baked Eyeshadow Trio #Peach Please
This one is definarely a miss for me. A LOT of rubbing was needed for some color payoff and the glitter chunks are everywhere when you apply it. The glitters, unlike the Colourpop Super Shock Shadows, do not settle down and last all day. I feel like they baked the peach eyeshadow then powdered some loose glitters on top. Although this is a bit messy, it is a very pretty color but I just don't reach for it

10) ELF molten liquid eyeshadow #Brushed Copper
As the name says, this is a liquid eyeshadow, similar to the Stila Glitter and Glow liwuid eyeshadows. The color is very intense (i love it) but rather than copper, it's more of an "Off White, Vanilla" color. Now for the cons: This one does not dry down so it transfers everywhere. I have double eyelids so clinking with this on the lid is a recipe for disaster. I DO enjoy using it as an inner corner highlight or as a highlighter when I'm taking Insta photos and want the highlighter to stand out (or "pop" as the kids say)